Denial – “A false system of beliefs that aren’t based on reality” and “a self-protecting behavior that keeps us from honestly facing the truth.” Not sure about denial? Do any of these comments sound familiar to you?
- Can’t we stop talking about it? Talking only makes it worse.”
- If I tell her that it hurts me when she says that, I’m afraid she’ll leave me.
- He really doesn’t drink that much!
- I eat because you make me so mad!
- If you wouldn’t nag me all the time then I wouldn’t…
My friends… this is DENIAL. The bible say in Jeremiah 6:14 (TLB) “You can’t heal a wound by saying it’s not there.” Why not visit Celebrate Recovery (meets every Friday at 6:30PM) and begin to step out of your denial? Jesus told us, “Know the truth and the truth will set you free.”
Blessings to ya!